Suggestions and a question

2D CAD software for iPhone and iPad
Eric Pousse

Re: Suggestions and a question

Post by Eric Pousse »

Bonjour Martin,
Martin H wrote:I found that I could snap to objects when the size of the lines where very large without zooming in dramatically. I think it would be better if the snap distance changed for large drawings
The snap distance is based on the size of the handles and the zoom factor, like this :

Code: Select all

if (zoomFactor > 1) {
		ldist = dim_handle * 2.0 / zoomFactor + 1;
	} else {
		ldist = dim_handle * 2.0 + 1;
	}
Martin H wrote:In the Vectorworks object info you can select the anchor point that you wish to remain constant/ fixed as you change length/angle
OK I see it with the demo version of VectorWorks.
Why not?
Martin H wrote:I tried the extend and cut line tool, it helps for extending a line to a rectangle, but would note trim a line to a rectangle :(
This tool can trim a line on a rectangle or ellipse, arc...
Do you have checked the parameters of the tool? Because you can choose to extend only or extend and cut or extend and cut and remove and apply this on the second line if you use it on 2 lines.
Martin H wrote:CAD tools are used to earn money, developing things to build and draw. A tool that helps you earn $ is worth the effort. The ipad platform is improving in speed/capability however CAD for touch interface is in its infancy with the double problem of developing new interface for touch and adding a comprehensive suite of tools for CAD .
Your program has a nice suite of tools and good context responsive interface. While I can draw on pocket draw, it is missing some interface "niceties" that do improve my drafting speed.
I think it would be well worth the money paying to acquire a superb mobile CAD system. I did try other systems on the iPad, but none of them are a "productive" system as yet, so the game is wide open, particularly while the big CAD players are concentrating on viewers, not drafting systems.
Look forward to seeing you enhancements, developments, and inApp purchases of advanced features :)
Thank you!
And probably that we will see a touch interface on desktop computer or mixed interface.
With the help of its users, iPocket Draw will continue to be better.
Eric Pousse