Trimming line

2D CAD software for iPhone and iPad
Mikerosen

Trimming line

Post by Mikerosen »

I am having trouble trimming lines that extend beyond another line (the opposite of the Extend tool.) How is that done?
Mike Rosen
Seattle, WA, USA

Mac OS Ventura 13.1, iOS 11.4.1 on iPad Pro
Eric Pousse

Re: Trimming line

Post by Eric Pousse »

Bonjour Mikerosen,

First you must check if the options of the tool are set as you want.
For that, do a 2x tap on the tool and put on "Cut" and "Delete" buttons.
Perhaps that it is only that.
Eric Pousse
Mikerosen

Post by Mikerosen »

Eric,
Maybe I'm not clear. Draw vertical line, A-B. Draw horizontal line that crosses it, C-D. The intersection is X. I want to erase X-D. How?

Mike
Mike Rosen
Seattle, WA, USA

Eric Pousse

Post by Eric Pousse »

That is not possible in one time.

One possibility is to draw a new line between C and X with attractions and erase the line C-D.
Eric Pousse
Mikerosen

Post by Mikerosen »

I'm really sorry to hear that. It makes the program almost unusable for me. Can I make a feature request?
Mike Rosen
Seattle, WA, USA

Eric Pousse

Post by Eric Pousse »

I have added this on my todo list.
Eric Pousse
Yellow1

Post by Yellow1 »

This is a nice program and I am enjoying learning it on my ipad. Thank-you Eric!. But I did have a lot of trouble using the trim function. It just didn't seem to work as easily as in your demo YouTube video Ipocket Draw 1.70 : New tools. But after I adjusted the size of my handles to 25 pixels in the preference settings (second icon along the top from the left, looks like a wrench and screwdriver) it works much more easily and reliably now for me. Maybe this will help other people who are having a similar frustration getting trimming to work. It had been set by default at 12 pixels and that setting doesn't work well at all for trimming. What value "size of handles" did you use in the video Eric? Also, extend is the best word to use in English for making elements longer. Prolong does not have the same meaning.
Thank-you
Steve
Eric Pousse

Post by Eric Pousse »

Sorry for the delay, Steve.

The videos are made on the simulator on my Mac. So I use the mouse which is more accurate than the fingers.

I will correct Prolong by Extend, thanks.
Eric Pousse
Mikerosen

Post by Mikerosen »

Yellow1 wrote:But after I adjusted the size of my handles to 25 pixels in the preference settings (second icon along the top from the left, looks like a wrench and screwdriver) it works much more easily and reliably now for me. Maybe this will help other people who are having a similar frustration getting trimming to work. It had been set by default at 12 pixels and that setting doesn't work well at all for trimming. What value "size of handles" did you use in the video Eric?
Steve
That's interesting. I found that things were a lot easier to see and control when I reduced the handle size to 5 pixels!
Mike Rosen
Seattle, WA, USA

Cecassoc

Post by Cecassoc »

It would be very helpful to have a chart which shows the affect of changing pixel handles and scale on the various commands, including, but not limited to the Trim/Extend command. Also, while the videos are helpful, a chart of the taps sequences by command would also be helpful. Still learning, but spending way too much time trying to figure out how to do simple things like copying a line exactly 2" from a particular point, or extending to an arc when the grid disappears within the arc. Love the program, though. Some things are extraordinarily intuitive. Others are.... Not!