Anchor points

2D CAD software for iPhone and iPad
Martin H

Anchor points

Post by Martin H »

Hi Eric,

It would be nice if one day it was possible to double tap on the anchor points of lines and that free'ed that location (or made locked)if the length of a line is changed.

ie if you double tapped an end of a line, that end would extend, or if the centre (along the length of the line), the centre lock and the ends extended around the central location.

Please note I may have missed a feature that allows ipocket draw to do, the above now.

Regards

Martin
Eric Pousse

Re: Anchor points

Post by Eric Pousse »

Bonsoir Martin,

To do what do you wish this feature?
Eric Pousse
Martin H

Re: Anchor points

Post by Martin H »

Hi Eric

Currently as far as I understand, to extend line to a desired length,
The easiest way is to change the length. That changes the position of the anchor point that the central arrow points to.
How ever if you what to the opposite way, the line need be reversed, before changing the length.

A line can be reversed with the rotation tool, even when on a angle, but again there seems to be an assumed anchor in the centre of the object.

I am suggesting that of you tap an anchor point, before selecting rotate or double tap an anchor point to bring up the object attributes, this point should be fixed, and perhaps changed in colour.
Then the object can extend or rotate around that point.

main issue that I can see with this suggestion is if there are multiple objects a the same anchor point. I guess the sequence could be
tap once to select object
tap anchor point
then double tap for object attributes

In cade drawing you can end up drawing hundreds of lines, some of the are just temp construction lines to find points. I am always interested in how easy and straightforward/rapid it is to place accurately dimensioned lines/rotations.