Object Attribute Display

2D CAD software for iPhone and iPad
John W

Object Attribute Display

Post by John W »

Hi Eric,
I am having a problem with my new and existing drawings:

Object Attributes is only indicating whole numbers. For example, if I draw a rectangle dx= 1.25, dy= 2.25, then when I select the rectangle Object Attributes indicates dx=1, dy=2. Further, if I draw a second rectangle at dx=1.5, dy=2.75, Object Attributes indicates dx=2, dy=3. No decimal points are indicated. Object Attributes is now rounding off numbers to the nearest "whole" number! However, when I use the dimension tool, the dimension indicates the actual size ie. 1.25 x 2.25 etc.. If I try to enter a non-whole number for dx & dy Object Attributes displays the nearest whole number, no decimals.

This issue exists with lines, circles and squares. How do I set (or reset) Object Attributes to indicate the actual size and not the rounded off whole number size?

Thank you,
John W
Eric Pousse

Re: Object Attribute Display

Post by Eric Pousse »

Bonjour John,

I can't reproduce what you describe.
Has someone the same problem?

Thanks.
Eric Pousse
John W

Post by John W »

Eric,
Regarding my Object Attribute issues, it seems to have corrected itself with my existing drawings. When I turned iPad off and recharged to full, the problem went away. However, when beginning a new drawing the problem remains. In fact other things started happening when starting a new drawing, like squares would draw by line segments only, circles would not draw, and line segments would not display.

Frustrated, I solved the problem in another way: I duplicated an existing drawing that works fine, erased everything and started a new drawing on the duplicate. This works fine so far... I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I do a lot of drawing!

Question though, does iPocket Draw have a limit on the number of drawings that one can have (create)?

Sincerely,
John W
Eric Pousse

Post by Eric Pousse »

John W wrote:Eric,
Regarding my Object Attribute issues, it seems to have corrected itself with my existing drawings. When I turned iPad off and recharged to full, the problem went away. However, when beginning a new drawing the problem remains. In fact other things started happening when starting a new drawing, like squares would draw by line segments only, circles would not draw, and line segments would not display.
John,
Can you check the settings of the grid of a file with this problem?
I suspect a "Snap every" with a too big value.
John W wrote:Question though, does iPocket Draw have a limit on the number of drawings that one can have (create)?
You are only limited by the memory and the speed of your iDevice.

Thanks.
Eric Pousse
kasper

Post by kasper »

This seems to be an important question, is it solved allready?
John W

Post by John W »

The issue seems to have been corrected with the new upgrade.