Snap-to

2D CAD software for iPhone and iPad
Mikerosen

Snap-to

Post by Mikerosen »

Eric,
Are there any plans to extend the snap-to feature to show "on-line" at spots other than end- and mid-points?

(I know I'm asking a lot of questions, but I AM enjoying using the program! Please don't think that I'm just looking for faults.)
Mike Rosen
Seattle, WA, USA

Mac OS Ventura 13.1, iOS 11.4.1 on iPad Pro
Eric Pousse

Re: Snap-to

Post by Eric Pousse »

Mikerosen wrote:Eric,
Are there any plans to extend the snap-to feature to show "on-line" at spots other than end- and mid-points?
There is also snap on intersections between objects and on tangent of object when you begin a line.
Mikerosen wrote:(I know I'm asking a lot of questions, but I AM enjoying using the program! Please don't think that I'm just looking for faults.)
No problems, the forum is made for that.
Eric Pousse
Mikerosen

Post by Mikerosen »

I was hoping for this: If you have two parallel vertical lines, and you wanted to draw horizontal between them, and indication of when you are on the first vertical to start, and the other, to stop. My stylus obscures the line itself.
Mike Rosen
Seattle, WA, USA

Eric Pousse

Post by Eric Pousse »

Can you post a picture of what you want make, please?

Thanks.
Eric Pousse
Mikerosen

Post by Mikerosen »

Eric,
Please look at the picture attached. I would like a circle to show me when I am on the left-hand vertical, to start my horizontal line, and another to show me when my horizontal hits the right hand vertical, so I know when to stop.

EDIT: I found my solution. I divide the left line into sections, depending on how many horizontals I want. To make the end points of the divisions easier to spot, I change the color of every other section. So it's easy to hit my start point. Instead of drawing all the way to the right line, I stop partway there. Then, I can use the EXTEND tool to complete the line. It's a bit unwieldy, but it works!

It would be nice if there was an option to keep the division points of the line showing, until dismissed. That would save the color step.
Attachments
drawing.jpg
drawing.jpg (23.97 KiB) Viewed 8986 times
Mike Rosen
Seattle, WA, USA