2 how-to questions

2D CAD software for iPhone and iPad
Mikerosen

2 how-to questions

Post by Mikerosen »

Please look at the attached drawing. I have two questions.

First, I would like to draw a parallel line to the segment A-B, moving it 2.5 inches to the right. the only way I can figure out is to draw a line OVER the existing one, and then select-duplicate and move it. Is there an easier way?

Second, I drew the door (in red) by dividing the base line into 4 sections, and then using the rectangle and parallel tools. How do I duplicate that 3 more times, without redoing the process. The "duplicate and move" won't work, because it asks for a dimension, which I don't know without calculations. (Yes, I'm certainly capable of it, but it should not be necessary!) I would like to be able to grab a duplicate of the door by the lower left corner, and move it to the right until the indicator circle shows that I'm at the next division point on the baseline. I've tried grouping and locking the door, but grabbing the corner seems to resize it, rather than moving it as a whole. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.
Mike Rosen
Seattle, WA, USA

Mac OS Ventura 13.1, iOS 11.4.1 on iPad Pro
Eric Pousse

Re: 2 how-to questions

Post by Eric Pousse »

I don't see attached drawing.

For your first question, after drawing the first line, you can select it and directly choose the command "Duplicate and move". It is not necessary to draw a second line.

For the second one, after doing the group that you want move, you can take it at one corner and move it.
To take the group through a corner and move it without resizing, you must deselect it before and then place your finger on the corner you want and drag it immediately without lifting your finger from the screen. So you move the group with a snap on the corner without resizing.
Eric Pousse
Mikerosen

Post by Mikerosen »

Eric,
I have reattached the drawing (I hope!)

Your instructions for the door issue work fine. Thanks for the explanation.

For my other question, the drawing should make it more clear: I want to copy and move a SEGMENT of the line, not the entire line.

Mike
Attachments
drawing2.jpg
drawing2.jpg (26.59 KiB) Viewed 10515 times
Mike Rosen
Seattle, WA, USA

Eric Pousse

Post by Eric Pousse »

Yes, with the drawing it is clearer.
I didn't understand that you want move only a segment of a line.
This is not possible, you have to redraw a new line and move it.
Eric Pousse
Mikerosen

Post by Mikerosen »

Thanks, Eric. At least now, I won't get frustrated trying!

We talked about trimming in an earlier post. With this drawing, what I would like is clearer:
In my current drawing program, I could pull a parallel line off of that left edge, just the way I would do it with iPocketDraw. Then I would select lines A-C and B-D, and trim the sections of my line that extend beyond them. Would you consider a feature like that for a future release? Or even add to the functionality of your current trim tool.

Thanks for all your help.

Mike
Mike Rosen
Seattle, WA, USA

Eric Pousse

Post by Eric Pousse »

Currently this is not possible.
Eric Pousse