Saving files

2D CAD software for iPhone and iPad
Mikerosen

Saving files

Post by Mikerosen »

Eric,
I have opened a new file, with a new name. I worked on it for a while, and then, for no apparent reason, the program closed. When I restarted the program, it opened to the previous file. I went to the "File Open" icon, chose my new file, and it only had a couple of my preliminary lines. What happened to the rest of my drawing? Is there a Save function that I don't know about?

Fortunately, I'm still playing with the program, so no real work was lost. But had it been, I would have been very upset.

thanks,
Mike
Mike Rosen
Seattle, WA, USA

Mac OS Ventura 13.1, iOS 11.4.1 on iPad Pro
Eric Pousse

Re: Saving files

Post by Eric Pousse »

If you can repeat the crash, explain to me step by step how so I can perhaps fix it.

The current drawing is saved when you quit the app or when you go on another app or when you display the screen "Files".
Eric Pousse
Mikerosen

Post by Mikerosen »

I don't recall what I was doing, before the crash. But it has happened more than once. I'll try to be more observant in future.

Meanwhile, if I understand you correctly, If I open the File icon and then close it without doing anything else, my file will save in its current state? Or is there something that I have to do?
Mike Rosen
Seattle, WA, USA

Eric Pousse

Post by Eric Pousse »

Mikerosen wrote:I don't recall what I was doing, before the crash. But it has happened more than once. I'll try to be more observant in future.
Very good.
Mikerosen wrote:Meanwhile, if I understand you correctly, If I open the File icon and then close it without doing anything else, my file will save in its current state?
Yes, the file is saved.
Eric Pousse
mjb1416

Post by mjb1416 »

Mike

I've also had the program disappear, but also had the same thing happen in Safari as well. I have found thing improve if you shut down all other program's before using iPocketDraw.
Mike Bennett
Mikerosen

Post by Mikerosen »

I just use it on the iPad, so it's the only thing running.
Mike Rosen
Seattle, WA, USA

mjb1416

Post by mjb1416 »

I was talking about the iPad as well.

Every program you start leaves something in memory (not sure of the full details as I'm not an iPad programmer). If you double click the home button you will see a list of 'running' programs. Hold down on one and you can 'delete' it from the running list.

Regards
Mike Bennett
Mikerosen

Post by Mikerosen »

Thanks. I wasn't aware of that. I'll give it a try.
Mike Rosen
Seattle, WA, USA

Eric Pousse

Post by Eric Pousse »

mjb1416 wrote:If you double click the home button you will see a list of 'running' programs. Hold down on one and you can 'delete' it from the running list.
Yes, that is "killing" the app and gives more memory to the other running apps.
Eric Pousse
bspark

Post by bspark »

Hi i have been trying out the light version
Spent hours playing around wih a drawing. Emailed it to myself as a Pdf
Got a message that only 50 items will be saved
The pdf only had a few of my drawn items..
I then tried to save it as a photo
The same limited items were saved in the picture.
But then i tried to switch back to ipocket, and all i get is a blank page.
But even though the file is there, and says there are 49 items.. Nothing opens on the screen
I thought that there was only a limitation on saving 50 items, but not exporting as a pdf?

Pity there is no option to upgrade to the full version without losing the lite file.

I have had the program crash a number of times... So the question is the full version more stable than the lite version?