Scaling

2D CAD software for iPhone and iPad
Mikerosen

Scaling

Post by Mikerosen »

Eric,
Can you help me figure out the proper scaling factors? Here's the setup:

I want my drawing to fit on a standard 8½ x 11 page, when I export it.
I'm drawing on an iPad.
Most of what I build is (actual size) from 3' to 16' wide x 8' high. (Bookcases and cabinets)

With my other drawing program, after I've completed my sketch, it will superimpose an 8½ x 11 frame on the drawing. I can then tell the program to Fit to Page Size, and it automatically scales, holding dimension and text sizes. I know that iPD doesn't do that, but can you give me any tips?

Thanks!

Mike

EDIT: After some thought, I think I've answered my own question. I went to my other program, sketched some rectangles, and checked to see the scaling factor that was applied. For 8 - 12 ft wide, landscape, 1:18 works well. For smaller units, portrait, 1:14 fits.

So now, how do I transfer that to iPD? I know how to set the drawing scale, in the options window. And I found the PRINT setup, which sets landscape or portrait mode. Do I leave the % at 100, to fit the scale I've set to 1:14 or 1:18? Does this setting for print also affect exporting via e-mail as DXF, jpg, or PDF?

Again, thanks.
M
Mike Rosen
Seattle, WA, USA

Mac OS Ventura 13.1, iOS 11.4.1 on iPad Pro
Eric Pousse

Re: Scaling

Post by Eric Pousse »

Mike,

It is not easy to respond because it depends of what you want.

But one thing is important.
With iPocket Draw (or RealCADD), the drawing is made at a choosen scale like you do when you draw at the hand.
It is not the same way as AutoCad where the scale is choosen when you print.
Eric Pousse