list of suggestions

2D CAD software for iPhone and iPad
Mikerosen

list of suggestions

Post by Mikerosen »

Eric,
I'm quite pleased with the program, with just a few quibbles.

1. I would REALLY like the EXTEND/TRIM tool to work as a trim tool, as I've described in other posts
2. I think you need a MOVE tool, as well as the DUPLICATE AND MOVE (unless it's there, and I just haven't found it!)
3. Moving a duplicate in the Y direction should be UP, and -Y should be DOWN. That follows the rules of cartesian geometry better, according to what I was taught. After all, X is to the right, and -X is to the left.
4. The entry boxes for the parallel tool should be more clear. In and out don't make as much sense as right/left/up/down. And DISTANCE, rather than DELTA. Or, drag the object in the direction you want the parallel, and then specify the distance.

For the uTube clips, do them on the iPad, rather than the iPhone. They will be easier to see. Also, consider adding text, to explain what you're doing.

I hope you take these suggestions in the spirit in which they are offered! As I said, I am really enjoying the app.

Mike
Mike Rosen
Seattle, WA, USA

Mac OS Ventura 13.1, iOS 11.4.1 on iPad Pro
Eric Pousse

Re: list of suggestions

Post by Eric Pousse »

Thank you Mike !

The point 2) is easy to do and will be in the next version.

For the point 3), I think to add an option to have the choice between y+ down or y+ up.
Y+ down is the historical way on Macintosh.
For the others, I will see.
Except the point 2), I don't have the time to work on these for the next release.
I will release it very soon with the dxf reading.

Thanks again.
Eric Pousse
Mikerosen

Post by Mikerosen »

Eric,
Thanks! I'll look forward to it.
Mike
Mike Rosen
Seattle, WA, USA

debenriver

Post by debenriver »

The top left corner of the screen has always been 0:0 on mac programs – so x to the right is positive and y down is positive. Like we, in the western world at least, read a book from top left down to bottom right!
Mikerosen

Post by Mikerosen »

That may be so on Macs. But every drafting program I've used puts 0, 0 at the center. So you can go up and down, left and right. But regardless of where the origin is, to me, going UP is positive, and DOWN is negative. Look at any reference on cartesian graphing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartesian_ ... ate_system
Mike Rosen
Seattle, WA, USA

kasper

Post by kasper »

I totally agree with Mike, i would be helped very much with this switch that Eric suggests. Reading books from top to bottom has no relationship with the cartesian system. It was invented by righthanded people who don't want to smear through their wet ink.

Kasper
Eric Pousse

Post by Eric Pousse »

Bonjour,

As I say before, the better is to have an option to choose between y+ down or y+ up.
I have added this in my todo list...
Eric Pousse
kasper

Post by kasper »

Yes, you wrote it before. I have to read more careful, anyway it's a good idea to have both options. Thanks!