Extend/Cut/Delete tool

2D CAD software for iPhone and iPad
Mikerosen

Extend/Cut/Delete tool

Post by Mikerosen »

I find myself going into this tool quite a bit, primarily for the Cut and Delete functions, as I trim overlaps after using the duplicate and move, or parallel commands. If I'm not very precise in my taps (single or double) I have to cycle through the radius and facet functions, as well.

Also, I very often have to go in once to use the tool to cut a line, and then again to cut and delete. It would be great if the palette could be customized so that I could have one-tap access to both a cut, and a cut-and-delete tool. (Yes, I could do all of one process, and then all of the next, but it's too easy to lose track moving all over the drawing.)

I'm certain this would be a pretty complicated change, and so I don't really expect it, but it sure would be nice!

Could any of the palettes be done as flyouts, rather than tap-to-cycle, or is that not possible in the iOS?
Mike Rosen
Seattle, WA, USA

Mac OS Ventura 13.1, iOS 11.4.1 on iPad Pro
Eric Pousse

Re: Extend/Cut/Delete tool

Post by Eric Pousse »

Mike,

I can think about this but what o you mean by "Could any of the palettes be done as flyouts"?
Eric Pousse
Mikerosen

Post by Mikerosen »

You would tap and hold on an icon, and all the choices: for example, extend/cut, facet, and radius all show out to the side, and you can tap on the one you want.

Isn't there a function like that in RealCADD?
Mike Rosen
Seattle, WA, USA

Eric Pousse

Post by Eric Pousse »

Mikerosen wrote:Isn't there a function like that in RealCADD?
Yes Mike, there is this function in RealCADD when the mouse cursor is over the tools pallet.
But on iOS, I can't do this.
And I don't know how call a feature like this : double tap is used, long press also.
Eric Pousse
Mikerosen

Post by Mikerosen »

tap/hold or long tap would be fine, also double tap is fine.
Mike Rosen
Seattle, WA, USA