Request for dividng lines

2D CAD software for iPhone and iPad
Mikerosen

Request for dividng lines

Post by Mikerosen »

Eric,
When a line is divided, it would be nice if there was an indication of where those divisions are. For example, a (non-printing) small diamond or dot at each endpoint. Currently, if I divide a line into 5 or 6 sections, I have indications when I start a line on my original, but sometimes it's hard to tell if I am at an endpoint, or a center vertex, of each division. I know that your indicators give that location, but it would be easier if I knew what I was aiming at, in advance.
Mike Rosen
Seattle, WA, USA

Mac OS Ventura 13.1, iOS 11.4.1 on iPad Pro
Eric Pousse

Re: Request for dividng lines

Post by Eric Pousse »

Mike,

If you divide the line to place perpendicular lines, you can do different :
Don't divide the line, place a first perpendicular at the beginning of it and call the command "Move" and then the command "Duplicate and move" if you have other parallel lines.

Because I started using CAD there a few years ago, with less powerful computers with little RAM, I always drew trying to have the least possible objects.

For your request, I don't know how do that because the drawing will be not WYSIWYG.

Thanks.
Eric Pousse
Mikerosen

Post by Mikerosen »

Eric,

If I do it that way, I would have to divide the length manually, to get the distance to move. I prefer that the program do it!

I understand, and I'll just continue doing it the old way.

Thanks!

M
Mike Rosen
Seattle, WA, USA

Mac OS Ventura 13.1, iOS 11.4.1 on iPad Pro
Eric Pousse

Post by Eric Pousse »

Mikerosen wrote:If I do it that way, I would have to divide the length manually, to get the distance to move. I prefer that the program do it!
Yes that is a good reason !
Eric Pousse