Layers

2D CAD software for iPhone and iPad
Friesi

Layers

Post by Friesi »

Eric,

I tried to use layers for the first time. I was hoping that adding a layer would enable me to only work in the new layer but would leave the content of the lower layer unchanged. But it will still move objects in the lower layer when I work in the upper one. Is that intended to be? Could you build in a protection option that protects a lower layer from being changed by activities in a higher layer?

What does "A" / "V" / "C" in the layer overview mean (assuming A stands for active and just realized V stands for visual).

Concerning "dimensions". It is pretty hard for me to find the exact begining of a shape when I add dimensions. The end isn't difficult at all since I have the big cross cursor. Is there an option to have iPocket Draw automatically drag the start of the dimension to the closest line?

Thanks! Reiner
Eric Pousse

Re: Layers

Post by Eric Pousse »

Bonjour Reiner,

Yes, A is to select the active layer, V is to set layers visible.
C is for Color. If C is selected then all objects of the layer will have the color of the layer which can be modified by taping on the square on the left.
Go in "Options" of the screen "Layers".
You can choose to be able to select all visible objects or only those of the active layer.
Same thing for the attraction, on all visible objects or only those of the active layer.

For the dimensions, you can try to change the zoom and see if it is easier.
I will see if I can adapt the attract to the dimension of the handle. So if the user chooses big handles, the attractive is more sensitive.
Eric Pousse