Reverting after resizing

2D CAD software for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux
Mikerosen

Reverting after resizing

Post by Mikerosen »

Normally, when I resize a drawing to fit it to print, I save it as a new file. Then, I can enter the scaling factor.

But sometimes, I forget. I resize, save, print a PDF, etc. Two days later, the client want to make a change. But of course, now all the numbers are wrong.

Is there a way (short of complex arithmetic) to revert to the original scaling?
Mike Rosen
Seattle, WA, USA

Mac OS Ventura 13.1, iOS 11.4.1 on iPad Pro
debenriver

Re: Reverting after resizing

Post by debenriver »

Hi Mike

When you save a drawing, the previous version goes into the Trash.

If you look in your trash you will probably see a long list of RealCADD drawings – they will all have the extension .rcad_hh-mm-ss. So a drawing xxxxx.rcad_16-21-56 was saved at 4:21 and 56 seconds PM. I have my computer set to a 24hr clock - if yours is set to a 12hr clock, the numbers might be different – but the principle is the same: it records the time the file was saved and the earlier version put in the trash.

If it's a very long list over several days, and you've saved the same file a lot of times, you will probably need to click on each one to see what day it was actually created, so that you can select the correct one.

You can't open the file directly from the Trash. What I generally do is drag it on to my desktop. Then click and hold on it so you change the name – you need at least to remove the time stuff after the .rcad extension. Then it will open just fine. You may also want to change the name a bit so as not to get it confused with the later file.

Of course if you've just emptied your trash, than there won't be any earlier backup copies. :(

Hope this helps :D

George
Mikerosen

Re: Reverting after resizing

Post by Mikerosen »

That helps immensely. I never looked in the trash for those. I just assumed that new versions overwrote the old ones. thanks!
Mike Rosen
Seattle, WA, USA

Mac OS Ventura 13.1, iOS 11.4.1 on iPad Pro