Workbook

2D CAD software for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux
debenriver

Workbook

Post by debenriver »

Hi Eric

I've started to use Workbook mode, which I haven't really used much up to now.

A couple of things:

1. I can't seem to control the size of the Page No. When I first opened a workbook it numbered the pages at 90 point, I guess because I had been using 90 point a bit previously on an ordinary drawing. This was even though the text on the pages was at 9 point. I eventually got the Page No. to 9 point by repeatedly changing the font size to 9 point, saving and closing the workbook and opening it again. Once it settled down to 9-point it has been fine. Is it possible to define the Page No. font size in the Pages... setup??

2. When I come to print, it prints all the pages, even if I select print (say) 1 to 1. I guess this could be a Mac problem not a RealCADD problem?

Other than these two minor problems, it's great! I'm making a Table of Offsets - which is the traditional 3-dimensional data for setting out frames on a yacht hull - so each frame is on a different page, which works perfectly.

Well - one other thing - it would be nice to see the Page No. in the RealCADD page, not just when you come to print. Not very important.

I don't know how much Workbook is used - but I wonder if it's worth making a Pages menu, like the Layers layout menu - so you can flick from page to page easily? I'm thinking it's perhaps a somewhat neglected feature of RealCADD – certainly I haven't got around to dealing with it in my RealCADD manual – but I will now! Perhaps it would only appear in Workbook mode in place of the Layers layout menu (and maybe no View menu either). Is that possible?/

Cheers -- George

Edit Oh - I see you can select which pages print from the Layers/Pages ... menu – so disregard item 2 :mrgreen:

Edit again! 19 Aug Actually I can't get rid of the very big page number however many times I start a new document. I thought I had fixed it but it seems to have reverted to very big whatever I do:
Screen Shot 2018-08-19 at 06.48.55.png
Screen Shot 2018-08-19 at 06.48.55.png (63.98 KiB) Viewed 16018 times
Eric Pousse

Re: Workbook

Post by Eric Pousse »

Bonjour George,

I will check that.
Theoretically, the default size of font is used.

Thank you
Eric Pousse