RealCADD 5.01

2D CAD software for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux
Eric Pousse

RealCADD 5.01

Post by Eric Pousse »

Bonjour,

RealCADD 5.01 is available and fixes the bugs found in version 5.00.

Merci.
Eric Pousse
debenriver

Re: RealCADD 5.01

Post by debenriver »

Hi Eric

All good - but one minor bug that seems to have crept in:

Shortcut "M" now selects the Parallel tool not the Cutting tool

Actually it would be handy to have a single letter shortcut for the Parallel tool ....

All the best

George
Eric Pousse

Post by Eric Pousse »

Bonjour George,

I don't remember that letter M was your request, sorry.
And I have unified the way of work for all letters for tools.
The first tap selects the first tool, and, with a short delay, the second tap selects the second tool, etc...

Cordialement.
Eric Pousse
debenriver

Post by debenriver »

Ah ... I hadn't realized that! MM now gets the cutting tool. And MMM the rotation tool.

In fact I hadn't realized that you could move along some of the tools in earlier versions, by pressing the shortcut letter again.

So -- of course I tested all the others!! :mrgreen:

I found a couple of anomalies:

1. The Spline tool can be selected by YYY and also N like it used to be (and it's still marked (N) if you hover over it). For the sake of conformity perhaps you should take the (N) and its function away?

2. UU goes to the chamfer tool OK but also brings up the further menu. UUU doesn't go to the fillet tool - it brings up the chamfer menu and enters "u" in the first field that is in focus.

I note that the top row of tools still retain their individual shortcuts Esc -- S -- H -- Z, which is totally logical as they are not related to each other.

But the bottom row Parallel, Cutting, Rotation aren't really related to each other either, so it's not quite so logical that they are all selected by M -- MM -- MMM. Possibly they should be like the top row, selected by individual shortcuts? Though perhaps multiple M's is easier to remember even if it's not entirely logical!

If they are to remain all selected by M, then for the sake of conformity, the (M) hover ought to be with the first tool (Parallel) like the others, not on the second one (Cutting). And the (M) needs to be taken away from the Cutting tool in the tools right-click menu too.

And one final little thing that's been around a long time. Tools that have a further menu have .. after them. But the Rotation tool also has .. after it though double-clicking it does not bring up a further menu, so it would be good to take the .. away.

Cheers -- George
Eric Pousse

Post by Eric Pousse »

Yes George, you are right.
When I did the previous response, I saw also the (M) on the cutting tool...
But not the (N) for spline. I have to remove it.
And I have to find a way to not display the option dialog of a tool when the key is down again to select the next.

Thanks
Eric Pousse
debenriver

Post by debenriver »

Eric Pousse wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:49 am
And I have to find a way to not display the option dialog of a tool when the key is down again to select the next.

I think it only happens with the Cut & extend tool (U). All the rest seem fine :D

Cheers -- George
Mikerosen

Post by Mikerosen »

I never knew that, either!

A hidden bonus!
Mike Rosen
Seattle, WA, USA

Mac OS Ventura 13.1, iOS 11.4.1 on iPad Pro