Scroll bars

2D CAD software for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux
debenriver

Scroll bars

Post by debenriver »

Hi Eric

In Mac System Preferences >> General I have the scroll bar setting "Show scroll bars >> Always"

However the scroll bars in RealCADD only seem to materialize when I mouse over where they should be, not there all the time – or at least when the zoom is such that the drawing is bigger than the screen.

The LH scroll bar is not too bad but I am finding the bottom bar quite difficult to grab, and as often as not I select objects instead when I am trying to get it.

Part of the trouble of course is that Apple have made the scroll bars very narrow

I know there's other ways of scrolling but I still like to actually drag the scroll bars!! Actually I wish Apple had retained the arrows in the scroll bars too!

Cheers -- George
Eric Pousse

Re: Scroll bars

Post by Eric Pousse »

Bonjour George,

In the next beta which will arrive very soon, I will check the user system prefs (on macOS) to see if the scrollbars have to be hidden.
I don't know if there is the same option on Windows.

Thanks.
Eric Pousse
Eric Pousse

Post by Eric Pousse »

Bonjour George,

A new beta version is available.
In this version, on macOS, the user prefs for scrollbars in system prefs is used.
And the reading of dxf file is faster.

Cordialement.
Eric Pousse
debenriver

Post by debenriver »

For me being able to select to have the scroll bars always there if the page extends beyond the screen is a great improvement! I have been having real trouble with them flicking on and off as I move the mouse over the scroll area. Many thanks for the change 😁

DXF is indeed much better – the old 25.5 MB dxf file now loads in 33 secs. And the modified one where I replaced all the textures with fill is very fast - less than 3 secs.

Cheers -- George