Cut & extend lines

2D CAD software for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux
tlynch

Cut & extend lines

Post by tlynch »

Hi Eric,

I haven't been using RealCADD for a while and just opened an older file to make some changes and find that option clicking on cut and extend line tool doesn't bring up the options window needed to change the options. Option clicking on the chamfer or the fillet tools works properly.

I have re-downloaded 4.30 and have trashed com.ericpousse.RealCADD.plist and RealCADDPrefV4.21.

I created a new test file with just two lines and I still can't chose extend only.

I'm using MacBook Pro with retina and system 19.9.1 Mavericks.

Tim
Eric Pousse

Re: Cut & extend lines

Post by Eric Pousse »

Bonjour Tim,

I have also downloaded RealCADD 4.30, tried it and I can't reproduce your problem.
It is strange.
Can you try with the beta version of RealCADD 4.31?

Thanks.
Eric Pousse
tlynch

Post by tlynch »

Hi Eric,

I ment to say that my system is 10.9.1.

I have tried the beta version 4.31 and it works the same way, the cut and extend option window doesn't appear when option clicking is done.

Maybe someone else using 10.9.1 could try to get that option window to appear.

Tim
Eric Pousse

Post by Eric Pousse »

Tim,

I am using 10.9.1
Eric Pousse
debenriver

Post by debenriver »

I'm using 10.9.1 and RealCADD 4.31 beta and my cut and extend etc widow opens OK with the option key pressed on the trim tool :D

George.
tlynch

Post by tlynch »

Hi Eric,

Thanks to you and George for checking the extend tool using 10.9.1. I have now downloaded 4.31 to an older MacBook Pro and the extend tool does work correctly on that older computer, which also is running 10.9.1.

So apparently the problem is with my newest computer. I get very nervous if I have to completely wipe the hard drive. Do you have any suggestions before I do that?

This is the hardware specs for each computer.

Hardware Overview: Early model that extend tool works ok on.

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro3,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP31.0070.B07
SMC Version (system): 1.16f11
Serial Number (system): W87394KTX92
Hardware UUID: 00000000-0000-1000-8000-001B63A143C2
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

Hardware Overview: Latest model that extend tool does not work on

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro10,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.6 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 16 GB
Boot ROM Version: MBP101.00EE.B02
SMC Version (system): 2.3f36
Serial Number (system): C02JJ03TDKQ5
Hardware UUID: 39E5011C-C1B2-59BB-B50B-2E3B844DAFEF

Tim
tlynch

Post by tlynch »

Hi again,

I have found a second problem. When i open a file, I can option click the parallels tool and enter my information, then I can use that tool. If I leave the parallels tool and then later go back to the parallels tool, option click no longer works so I can't change my information. If I save and close the file, I can reopen the file and can again option click the parallels tool and change my information, but only once.

Notice that I don't have to quit and reopen RealCADD to be able to use that parallels tool, but the cut and extend tool still never works.

Tim
tlynch

Post by tlynch »

Hi Eric,

I quit all apps and shut down the computer, then restarted the computer and opened my test file with 4.31 and everything worked as it should.

I reopened the other apps that had been open and 4.31 still worked as it should.

Of coarse I should have done this before bothering you, but everything else besides RealCADD worked. Thanks for listening.

Tim
debenriver

Post by debenriver »

Hi Tim

I've had quite a few problems since upgrading to 10.9.0 and 10.9.1 – none ever serious and none with RealCADD as it happens, and mostly they do get fixed with a few restarts. I do think Apple released it still a bit buggy, specially upgrading from 10.7 or 10.8. I think it is OK if you buy a new computer with it preloaded, but upgrading does seem to cause some problems. The ongoing problem I have (well, annoyance really) is that it loses the folder hierarchy regularly and then takes about 30 seconds or more to rebuild it – I see on various forums that this is a common problem and there doesn't seem to be a fix yet. :(

Anyway – I glad that your RealCADD problem is fixed! :D

Happy new year!!

George