Parallel

2D CAD software for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux
debenriver

Re: Parallel

Post by debenriver »

To be fair I do use multiple parallels – for witness lines for example – 20 lines at 200mm from an original.

I think the problem we all have is not so much how we select parallels – the existing tool is very flexible in that respect – with a commensurate slight loss of operating speed if you only want a single parallel. But I think that is a price worth paying.

The real problem is that you don't know which way parallels are going to go! And IMO that does need to be got to grips with in an update at some point. The current situation is a bit tedious.

So, for multiple parallels I tend to use apple-M and duplicate and move the number of times I want – which is just as good.

The nice thing about RealCADD is that there is more than one way to tie your shoelace (vegan version of "more than one way to skin a cat"), which I think is an indicator of a well considered program.

George
Mikerosen

Post by Mikerosen »

A valid point, certainly.

But I think we agree that a more predictable tool would be a good thing!
Mike Rosen
Seattle, WA, USA

Mac OS Ventura 13.1, iOS 11.4.1 on iPad Pro
Eric Pousse

Post by Eric Pousse »

debenriver wrote:The real problem is that you don't know which way parallels are going to go!
It is why in iPocket Draw, I draw arrows on selected lines to show their direction.
With this arrows, we can know where is the left and the right.
Eric Pousse
Mikerosen

Post by Mikerosen »

But we still have to think about the direction and "in" or "out". Not intuitive like up/down/right/left.
Mike Rosen
Seattle, WA, USA

Mac OS Ventura 13.1, iOS 11.4.1 on iPad Pro