Centering my drawing

2D CAD software for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux
Mikerosen

Centering my drawing

Post by Mikerosen »

I am used to CMD+F resizing my drawing to the screen size, and centering it. RC doesn't do that. I assume the centering parameter algorithm is different (probably resetting to 0, 0, or something). Is there a command I can use to get what I want?
Mike Rosen
Seattle, WA, USA

Mac OS Ventura 13.1, iOS 11.4.1 on iPad Pro
debenriver

Re: Centering my drawing

Post by debenriver »

apple (=command)-F brings the drawing to screen size, but the drawing as a whole stays to the left of the plan as a whole – because the page breakdown starts at the left (and the top).

You can decide what size you want the drawing to be independently of the page size using Page Setup, or more conveniently perhaps, using Edit - Drawing Size. You see the Page size in the top box and the drawing size in the bottom box. A quick method to alter the drawing size is enter *number – where 1 will make the drawing size the same as the page size – *1.25 for example will give you a drawing size (either width or height or both) 1 ¼ times the page size. I often do this with the width because I group my on-screen menus at the top left and this makes sure that I am not trying to draw under them, or have to keep moving them around. *2 will give you two pages etc etc.

George