Snap-to sensitivity

2D CAD software for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux
Mikerosen

Snap-to sensitivity

Post by Mikerosen »

I've noticed that the snap in iPD seems to be a lot "cleaner" than in RC. What I mean is, if I am moving an object to intersect with the end of a line, for instance, when I get close in iPD, the snap happens quickly and precisely, but in RC, I feel like I'm searching for the right spot.

Is this my imagination, or is there a setting to change, or anything?

At this point, I like doing my drawings on the iPad, rather than the desktop. Maybe it's just that I've gotten better with iPD than with RC…
Mike Rosen
Seattle, WA, USA

Mac OS Ventura 13.1, iOS 11.4.1 on iPad Pro
Eric Pousse

Re: Snap-to sensitivity

Post by Eric Pousse »

There are some differences between iPocket Draw and RealCADD because they are not written with the same tool, because one is used with fingers and the other with a mouse and because one is younger than the other.
And the "snap to" feature is one feature that I could not rewrite exactly the same way for iPD, therefore this feature is different between the 2 apps.
But I don't have noticed a problem of speed for this feature in RC except when the number of object is very big.
Or perhaps you have a very fast iPad and an old Macintosh.
Eric Pousse
Mikerosen

Re: Snap-to sensitivity

Post by Mikerosen »

It's a new iPad, and the iMac is 2 years old with a 3.1 GHz i5 processor, and 16GB RAM. So I don't think it's a computer issue.

I use a TruGlide stylus on the iPad. My fingers are way too clumsy!

I guess I'll just have to get used to the difference.
Mike Rosen
Seattle, WA, USA

Mac OS Ventura 13.1, iOS 11.4.1 on iPad Pro