Align

2D CAD software for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux
debenriver

Align

Post by debenriver »

I had this problem some time ago (over a year ago) and then it went away – now it's back :(

After a short while working the Align sub-menu is greyed out – see image:
align.jpg
align.jpg (32.54 KiB) Viewed 13969 times
The only solution is to quit and restart RealCADD. I've tried restarting the computer but it doesn't seem to make any difference. I think it might have happened after an upgrade to 10.10.5 but I can't be totally sure. I don't think it is a RealCADD 4.50 problem because all was fine until a week or so ago.

Is there a system preferences file or whatever that perhaps I need to throw away so the the system re-builds in on re-start?

The only non-standard thing I have is keyboard shortcuts for Align >> Right, Align >> Left, Align >> Top, and Align >> Bottom (⌥R, ⌥L, ⌥T & ⌥B). I haven't tried disabling those, but it doesn't seem logical that they can be the problem?

Any help would be much appreciated and it is annoying to say the least – I only get about 10 minutes of working before it happens. It's actually driving me nuts!!

Cheers -- George
Eric Pousse

Re: Align

Post by Eric Pousse »

Yes George, I also see this sometimes and I don't know why this happens.
I will search again.

Thanks.
Eric Pousse
debenriver

Post by debenriver »

Hi Eric

When this happened before you changed something in the coding and it pretty much fixed it; :forum thread is

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=509

Cheers –– George
Eric Pousse

Post by Eric Pousse »

Bonjour George,

Can you download and test RealCADD 4.51b1, please?

I have made a little change and if this doesn't work I will activate the menu always.

Thanks.
Eric Pousse
debenriver

Post by debenriver »

Hi Eric

I've downloaded it and have it in use. I didn't get much drawing done yesterday after I downloaded it, so not a good test yet. Fingers crossed :D

It's probably my imagination, but with the original version the problem seemed to get progressively more frequent – I don't know if that can make sense at all?

Cheers -- George