4.60 Cursor problems

2D CAD software for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux
debenriver

4.60 Cursor problems

Post by debenriver »

Hi Eric

The cursors in 4.60 don't seem to be behaving properly.

When you select a tool, the "select" cursor mostly appears instead of the "draw" cursor. This is not always the case, but often.

And even if it does work normally (displaying the "draw" cursor), if you draw a second object (the same object again), then it mostly doesn't work.

And it doesn't change to indicate perpendicular, centre, etc., though snap is working OK. Again, sometimes it does, but much of the time, not.

And one other more minor thing: when you mouse over the Tools pallet, the expanded pallet flickers very quickly instead of expanding normally. Again this doesn't always happen.

Cheers -- George
Eric Pousse

Re: 4.60 Cursor problems

Post by Eric Pousse »

Bonjour George,

I think that the cursor problem occurs when the command line pallet is open and has the focus.
And only with the cocoa version.
Can you confirm?

Thanks.
Eric Pousse
debenriver

Post by debenriver »

Good morning Eric
I think that the cursor problem occurs when the command line pallet is open and has the focus.
And only with the cocoa version.
Yes – that does seem right. It only happens when the Command line is open and has focus – which of course it does as soon as you start to draw something.

Which explains why it wasn't a problem with the first issue of 4.60 because the command line wasn't functional.

The flickering of the expanded Edit pallet seems to be the same – only seems to happen when the command line is open.

I haven't actually tried the carbon version.

Cheers -- George
Eric Pousse

Post by Eric Pousse »

George,

I have updated the 4.60 version, cocoa and carbon, (same links).

To solve the cursor problem with the cocoa version, the only solution that I have found is to put the command line into the window of the drawing and no more in a pallet.
In carbon version, there is still the pallet because without it, I have other problems...

Thank you (again).
Eric Pousse