Zoom

2D CAD software for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux
debenriver

Zoom

Post by debenriver »

Hi Eric

One small thing that would be useful in future versions would be to be able to enter zoom values in the Zoom panel bottom left.

At the moment there is only the preset 25 - 50 - 100 - 200 etc. Or "other" which is achieved by using the zoom tool. And when you do this you don't know what the magnification factor is. It would be useful if you did know that as well.

It would be really nice to be able to enter a custom zoom factor in the little zoom panel bottom left – and then when you clicked the magnification or minification icons you would move up and down by double or half your entered figure as now.

This is particularly useful if you are saving a RealCADD file as a jpeg (say for publication in a magazine) – where the magnification of the drawing plays a big part in the resolution of the final result.

For example. I an currently converting A1 RC drawings to A5 size jpeg's at 300 dpi. A magnification of 200 does a reasonable job via photoshop. But I would like to be able to experiment with other magnifications around the 200 figure (say 175 and 250). The only way I can do this currently is using the Zoom tool – which is very hit and miss – and I don't know what magnification I'm getting so I can't repeat it on another drawing.

Cheers -- George

PS - no align problems with 4.51b2 – all is good!! :D
Eric Pousse

Re: Zoom

Post by Eric Pousse »

Bonjour George,

You can do it with a script :
- Ask for a new script,
- Choose Run Immediatley,
- User input: Number = 1, Data = Zoom, Default = 100
- Script :
Coef_Zoom = Val(UserInput1) / 100
UpDate_Coef_Zoom(1,0,0)
- Save,
- Run.
Voilà !

But I will add a double click on the Zoom tool to do that.

Thanks.
Eric Pousse
debenriver

Re: Zoom

Post by debenriver »

Many thanks Eric

That works perfectly! Does just what I want. :D

It would be rather nice if the little zoom panel bottom left showed the actual Zoom% rather than just Other➤.

Cheers -- George