Crashes

2D CAD software for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux
debenriver

Crashes

Post by debenriver »

Hi Eric

This last three days RealCADD has suddenly been crashing a lot. Sometimes every few minutes.

I have tried downloading and reinstalling the program again. And I have tried restarting the computer. Neither seems to have made a difference.

It is very strange because prior to this, it had been pretty stable.

It doesn't seem to be drawing-specific as far as I can tell – but I haven't really tested this by starting a new drawing totally from scratch. I start most drawings from a template. And I am usually working on several earlier drawings, or have them open for reference, while I am doing a new drawing.

And I can't track it to any particular action or tool

Also slightly strange is that the program seems to have reverted to choosing by default the second font size in the list. To keep it at 9 point, I have to make that the second one in the font size list.

Any suggestions? I guess I could try going back to an earlier version. Of course it might be a problem with my computer. I have been sending some of the crash logs to Apple.

RealCADD v4.51 b2 running on OS 10.11.1

Cheers -- George
Eric Pousse

Re: Crashes

Post by Eric Pousse »

Bonjour Georges

Can you send me the file?

Thanks.
Eric Pousse
debenriver

Post by debenriver »

Hi Eric

I'll email one of them in the morning.

Of course ever since I posted the thread it has been absolutely rock solid :!: Which is nice because it was getting rather tiresome.

It did however prompt me to enable the Save reminder, with a time of 5 minutes – usually I don't have that enabled because if you are referencing a lot of drawings, it keeps asking if you want to save those changes – which I mostly don't – and that gets irritating too :mrgreen:

Cheers -- George
Eric Pousse

Post by Eric Pousse »

Bonjour George,

With your last file, I found the bug and fixed it in this new beta : RealCADD4.51b5

Thank you very much.

Cordialement.
Eric Pousse
debenriver

Post by debenriver »

Hi Eric

Oh – I'm glad the files were useful. I've downloaded 4.51b5 and I'm working away ... :D All good so far!

Cheers -- George