printing over multiple papers

2D CAD software for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux
Mikerosen

printing over multiple papers

Post by Mikerosen »

Eric (or George),

I want to draw an arc/ellipse about 30 inches wide, and 4-5 high. Then, transfer the pattern to wood.

Can I have RealCADD print that at actual size, across multiple sheets of US letter or legal, with indicated points where to join the sheets?
Mike Rosen
Seattle, WA, USA

Mac OS Ventura 13.1, iOS 11.4.1 on iPad Pro
Eric Pousse

Re: printing over multiple papers

Post by Eric Pousse »

Bonjour Mike,

Yes it is possible.
But RealCADD can't print outside the print area of the pages, therefore you can draw for example 2 lines, one above the arc and the other below, to be able to joint more precisely the sheets.
I do that, years ago, before I buy a large printer.
You have also to cut the sheets on one side exactly at the end of the printed objects to put this sheet at the begin of the objects of the next sheet.

Cordialement.
Eric Pousse
Mikerosen

Post by Mikerosen »

Merci, Eric!
Mike Rosen
Seattle, WA, USA

Mac OS Ventura 13.1, iOS 11.4.1 on iPad Pro
debenriver

Post by debenriver »

A lot of printers will take custom size paper – usually up to 43" long, by whatever width the printer will accept (usually about 9" for a standard US Letter/A4 printer, 12" for a wide format printer).

When I supplied paper plans for boat designs, I often used to buy a roll of paper and cut the appropriate sheet length. School supply or graphic supply shops often sell appropriate rolls.

You do have to be careful how the long length feeds – best if the printer is on a table and the paper can lay over the back of the printer so it can feed in smoothly.

Cheers -- George