Eric Pousse

RealCADD 4.21b3

Post by Eric Pousse »

Eric Pousse
debenriver

Re: RealCADD 4.21b3

Post by debenriver »

Hi Eric

I've downloaded it and it all seems fine so far. Is there anything new to look for from 21b2?

Two things would be good to have one day:

Better curves, B-spline etc. The ability to draw a polygon through a series of points (or attractions) and then smooth it to a curve that passed through those points is what I personally miss most.

And fussioner would be nice - if it means what I think (like the old Claris Cad join command). With boats you get a lot of long polylines close together, which need to be unjoined and manipulated, then joined back again. I generally make them different colours before I convert them to lines, so I can use the special select to collect certain ones and make them back to a polyline – and this works pretty well as long as I remember to do it! Otherwise I have to shift-click each segment, which is a bit time consuming. The lines are often too close and too curved to draw a selection lasso along them.

George
kasper

Post by kasper »

Hello Eric,

It was not quitte easy to get it working. I guess you would think it is a typical windows problem :lol: . Somehow by unzipping two folders didn't come along so I had to look inside and manually place them. Anyway the result is beautiful! I like transparancy a lot because it offers so much beautiful options in drawings!

regards, Kasper
debenriver

Post by debenriver »

I've now seen the opacity control on line and background fill – very nice!

George
Eric Pousse

Post by Eric Pousse »

Thank you George.

There is also :
- more predefined hatches and textures;
- possiblity to do a hatch or a texture on a selection with different kinds of objects, i.e. an area composed with some lines, arcs, polygons for example;
- possibility to have some little "errors" in this area, i.e. some objects not exactly joined;

This 3 new features comes from iPocket Draw.
Eric Pousse
debenriver

Post by debenriver »

Thanks Eric.

The extra textures and hatches are great. And – experimenting with them I've finally learned how to edit them, which for some reason eluded me before :)

George