Mac OS 10.7 Lion

2D CAD software for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux
debenriver

Mac OS 10.7 Lion

Post by debenriver »

Is RealCADD Ok for Lion? I'm not going to upgrade until I know it is!
Eric Pousse

Re: Mac OS 10.7 Lion

Post by Eric Pousse »

Bonjour debenriver,

I run RealCADD on Lion without problem but some users had some.
Because authorizations have changed.
So I have made some bug fix and they have tested this version without problem now.
I will release it very soon.
Or you can upgrade and if the actual version doesn't run for you, I will send you the next.

Thanks
Eric Pousse
debenriver

Post by debenriver »

Thanks so much Eric – I think I'll wait for the release. I'm in no particular hurry to upgrade to Lion.
Eric Pousse

Post by Eric Pousse »

debenriver wrote:I'm in no particular hurry to upgrade to Lion.
Yes, neither do I.
Eric Pousse
papillon

Post by papillon »

Hello, I just got a new Mac with OSX 10.7 Lion and I'm intrigued by this software. I have 4 GB of Ram, is that enough?
Is it very similar to Autocad and if so, which version? I plan to use it at home for garden plans, drafting clothing patterns and other hobby applications. (I work all day in Bentley Microstation, so an Autocad-like format will keep me from getting rusty in Autocad- like speaking another language, heh heh. :mrgreen: )
debenriver

Post by debenriver »

papillon wrote:Hello, I just got a new Mac with OSX 10.7 Lion and I'm intrigued by this software. I have 4 GB of Ram, is that enough?
I run it quite happily on an iMac with 2GB of RAM – and also on a non-intel PowerBook with 1.25 GB of RAM – so you should be just fine! I tend to turn the display of the grid off as this seems to slow things down a bit (specially on the PowerBook). I am designing yachts up to about 30m – and a lot of the drawings I do are full size (in preparation for DXF files) – so we are looking at a drawing that is in reality 30m long. I haven't run into any memory problems at all.
frthomas

Post by frthomas »

Lion (with the very latest version you can get from Eric) and RAM won't be an issue, assuming your garden has a reasonable size :)

However, I am not super familiar with AutoCAD, but the 2 programs seem very different to me.

Fred
Eric Pousse

Post by Eric Pousse »

papillon wrote:Hello, I just got a new Mac with OSX 10.7 Lion and I'm intrigued by this software. I have 4 GB of Ram, is that enough?
Is it very similar to Autocad and if so, which version? I plan to use it at home for garden plans, drafting clothing patterns and other hobby applications. (I work all day in Bentley Microstation, so an Autocad-like format will keep me from getting rusty in Autocad- like speaking another language, heh heh. :mrgreen: )
Bonjour papillon,

No, RealCADD is not similar to AutoCad and will not be.
It is good like this.
RealCADD was first developed on the Mac, for Mac, so I try to use the concepts of Mac that are very different from those of AutoCAD.
But the better is to test RealCADD.
The demo version is the same of the full version but you can not save.
Eric Pousse